Articles on this Page
- 07/06/14--14:54: _PSE to answer Energ...
- 07/11/14--16:26: _King County prepare...
- 07/16/14--14:05: _Newcastle City Coun...
- 07/31/14--18:00: _Energize Eastside c...
- 11/07/14--18:13: _Locals urge better ...
- 12/04/14--15:41: _December letters
- 12/09/14--14:09: _Electrical customer...
- 12/10/14--15:33: _Prepare now for pot...
- 12/12/14--09:00: _Community Advisory ...
- 01/02/15--12:02: _Our 2015 goals for ...
- 01/02/15--12:24: _Advisory group endo...
- 01/02/15--12:34: _2014 was a year of ...
- 01/12/15--17:02: _Chamber hosts PSE a...
- 03/05/15--14:46: _Editorial — It’s yo...
- 04/30/15--18:49: _Energize Eastside s...
- 05/27/15--17:17: _Energize Eastside s...
- 06/04/15--15:22: _To the Editor — Jun...
- 06/04/15--16:45: _High wire act
- 07/31/15--10:40: _More than 300 witho...
- 08/17/15--11:44: _Packed Aug. 18 coun...
- 07/06/14--14:54: PSE to answer Energize Eastside questions July 7
- 07/11/14--16:26: King County prepares for weekend heat wave
- 07/16/14--14:05: Newcastle City Council roundup — July 15
- 07/31/14--18:00: Energize Eastside concerns shared
- 11/07/14--18:13: Locals urge better solutions than Energize Eastside
- 12/04/14--15:41: December letters
- 12/09/14--14:09: Electrical customers to receive a credit from Puget Sound Energy
- 12/10/14--15:33: Prepare now for potential windstorm
- 01/02/15--12:02: Our 2015 goals for a better Newcastle
- 01/02/15--12:24: Advisory group endorses Energize Eastside route
- 01/02/15--12:34: 2014 was a year of change for Newcastle
- 01/12/15--17:02: Chamber hosts PSE at Jan. 14 luncheon
- 03/05/15--14:46: Editorial — It’s your city; get involved in decisions
- 04/30/15--18:49: Energize Eastside scoping meetings begin
- 05/27/15--17:17: Energize Eastside scoping meeting comes to Newcastle May 28
- 06/04/15--15:22: To the Editor — June 2015
- 06/04/15--16:45: High wire act
- 07/31/15--10:40: More than 300 without power in Newcastle
NEW — 2:55 p.m. July 6, 2014 Puget Sound Energy will answers questions about its Energize Eastside project at a July 7 forum in Redmond. The project, in response to the region’s growing power needs, will bring new higher capacity electric transmission lines to the Eastside. The new lines will extend from a substation in Redmond […]
NEW — 4:25 p.m. July 11, 2014 The mercury could reach 90 degrees in the days ahead, and as temperatures rise, so do the risks for heat exhaustion and heat stroke. State public health officials recommend people seeking relief from high temperatures to visit air-conditioned places, such as public libraries, shopping malls or movie theaters. Even […]
NEW — 2 p.m. July 16, 2014 The Newcastle City Council held its second meeting of the month July 15. Here is the Cliffs Notes version of what happened at City Hall. View the full meeting agenda online here. Energize Eastside For the second straight meeting, the Newcastle City Council had a full audience, as neighbors […]
Energize Eastside was back on the Newcastle City Council agenda for the first time since Puget Sound Energy introduced the project April 1. But this time, it was a pair of resident groups who had the opportunity to voice their concerns about the plan to bring new, higher capacity electric transmission lines to the Eastside […]
Eastside residents have concerns about PSE’s Energize Eastside project, which will run 18 miles of high-voltage power lines through five Eastside cities. The 130-foot towers will be up to three times taller than the current transmission poles, creating panoramic visual blight throughout our beautiful region. PSE is running an expensive public relations campaign as they pursue an aggressive timeline for EE. A final route is […]
Educate yourself about Energize Eastside Program As a resident and a physician, I am very concerned about Puget Sound Energy’s Energize Eastside Program. What started as a far-sighted request to upgrade an aging infrastructure and plan for future growth has been hijacked into an oversized project that benefits a foreign-owned private corporation (PSE) as it […]
NEW — 2:05 p.m. Dec. 9, 2014 Puget Sound Energy customers will receive a one-time credit on their December and January electrical bills. The average electrical customer should receive about $40. The credit comes from the sale of PSE’s assets in Jefferson County in 2010.The total amount to be paid to PSE customers will be […]
NEW — 3:30 p.m. Dec. 10, 2014 The Puget Sound region is bracing for a damaging windstorm set to cause havoc on Thursday. Puget Sound Energy is on standby preparing for the worst, but the company is encouraging residents to get prepared now, before the winds hit. On Twitter, PSE offered several tips to get […]
NEW — 9 a.m. Dec. 12, 2014 The Community Advisory Group working on Puget Sound Energy’s Energize Eastside transmission line upgrade project has made its final route recommendations and both include lines through Newcastle. The panel – comprised of neighborhood, business and civic leaders – selected routes Oak and Willow at their final meeting Dec. 10. […]
As the city heads into the coming year, Newcastle continues to grow and flourish. Here are a few of our goals for the city in 2015. Look to the future — The city has enjoyed a few years of financial stability, but looking at future forecasts, challenges are ahead as development revenues begin to disappear. […]
Suggested routes go through Newcastle The Community Advisory Group working on Puget Sound Energy’s Energize Eastside transmission line upgrade project has made its final route recommendations and both include Segment M, which goes through Newcastle. The panel — comprised of neighborhood, business and civic leaders — selected routes Oak and Willow at its final meeting […]
In 2014, the city of Newcastle celebrated a birthday, lost an icon and set the stage for the future. Here are some of the top stories of the year, in no particular order: Newcastle pioneer Milt Swanson passes away Family, neighbors and community leaders gathered Jan. 25 to honor the life of Milt Swanson, a […]
NEW — 5 p.m. Jan. 12, 2015 The Newcastle Chamber of Commerce will kick off 2015 with its first luncheon of the year Jan. 14. Puget Sound Energy representatives will be on hand talking about the company’s myPSE mobile app which gives customers the opportunity to report and track power outages. Keri Pravitz, Puget Sound […]
Sue Stronk. Larry Johnson. Jessaca Jacobson. Sonny Putter. With the exception of the last name, you’ve likely never heard of these people. But make no mistake, the Newcastle City Council knows who they are, at least they should. They are examples of just a few Newcastle residents who have come to at least one council […]
A slew of Eastside cities are ready to take the next step in exploring Puget Sound Energy’s Energize Eastside project. Led by the city of Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Renton and Newcastle will work together to provide an environmental review of PSE’s proposal to build about 18 miles of high-capacity electric transmission lines from Renton to […]
NEW — 5:15 p.m. May 27, 2015 The fourth of five Energize Eastside scoping meetings comes to Newcastle Thursday night. The meetings are a part of the Energize Eastside Environmental Impact Statement, a legally mandated process that will critically evaluate potential significant environmental impacts associated with the project and project alternatives. It began in earnest this […]
We need more than ‘reasonable’ with PSE’s Energize Eastside The independent technical consultant hired by the city of Bellevue to assess the need for PSE’s “Energize Eastside” project, U.S.E., was expected to do its own independent future peak load forecast. Instead, it reviewed PSE’s forecast and found it “reasonable.” If you want a second opinion from […]
NEW — 10:40 a.m. July 31, 2015 More than 300 people are without power in Newcastle, according to Puget Sound Energy’s outage map. The outage’s start time was just before 10 a.m. Friday. Crews are dispatched and the company estimates a noon restoration time. The cause of the outage is currently unknown. Get the latest outage […]
NEW — 11:45 a.m. Aug. 17, 2015 If you want to get a seat at Tuesday’s Newcastle City Council meeting, you better get there early. Puget Sound Energy’s Energize Eastside project is on the Aug. 18 agenda, and whenever that’s the case, it always draws a large crowd. Puget Sound Energy and the Coalition of Eastside Neighborhoods […]